IMPORTANT COVID-19 Update (as of June 20, 2020)
Currently, we are in Phase 2 of Dane County's "Forward Dane" plan: https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/forward-dane This order, similar to the previous Wisconsin "Safer at Home" order, permits the use of outdoor spaces, such as Blackhawk, as long as individuals maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
Phase 2 guidelines are describe here: https://publichealthmdc.com/documents/2020-06-12_Order_5.pdf, and bascially state:
- Stay home if sick.
- Keep physically distant (at least 6 feet)
- Wash hands frequently
- Wear a mask if practical (e.g., if one cannot maintain 6-feet distance, or indoors)
- Avoid large gatherings (defined at 50+ indoors, and 100+ outdoors).
Based on these guidelines, the board recommends the following additional guidance:
A. Dispersed parking rules:
1. No more than 15 cars may park in the East Parking lot
2. If there are 15 cars in the East Parking lot, members should:
a. Ride their bike to/from the Club or an area adjacent to Blackhawk
b. Park in other areas of the club property, such as:
-At the East gate
-Along the gravel road inside the East gate,
-In the lower parking lot
B. Dispersed riding and gathering rules
1. When riding please keep a safe distance from all other riders
2. Before or after riding, please keep a safe distance from all other individuals
3. Consider wearing a mask to protect others from potential infection
We prefer to remain open so that people can continue to exercise and enjoy our trails. We will monitor compliance with these new rules, and hope that everyone complies. If not, we will be forced to close the property until the risk from COVID-19 is lower.
Blackhawk Board of Directors