Nordic Ski Team
Blackhawk Nordic Ski Team (BNST) is a competitive team for high-school and middle-school cross-country skiers. Our goal is to provide:
- A positive, team-focused Nordic skiing experience.
- Racing opportunities as catalysts for learning to ski and train well.
- A life-long interest in Nordic skiing and fitness.
- Development and growth for skiers of all abilities.
Our coaches have skied for NCAA teams and have a wealth of national and international racing experience. We work closely with top national coaches to ensure quality, state-of-the-art programs. We endeavor to keep fees reasonable based on our philosophy that youth sport should be experiential, not transactional.
BNST trains at Blackhawk Ski Club's 60-acre facility, which has the most extensive snowmaking infrastructure for Nordic skiing in Wisconsin. This ensures fun, safe skiing even when natural snow is scarce.
BNST competes in Wisconsin Nordic Ski League events from mid-December through early March. Race participation is optional but encouraged at all skill levels!
Middle School Team (grades 5-8):
- Dryland training starts December 3, 2018 and takes place 2 days per week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:15 - 6:45 PM) at Blackhawk Ski Club.
- On-snow training begins in mid-December and takes place 2 days per week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:15 - 6:45 PM) at Blackhawk Ski Club.
High School Team (grades 9-12):
- Dryland training begins November 5, 2018 and takes place 4 days per week (Saturday mornings plus 3 weeknights from 5:15 - 6:45 PM); locations may vary.
- On-snow training begins in mid-December and takes place 4 days per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5:15 - 6:45 PM) at Blackhawk Ski Club.
$300 for Middle School; $400 for High School
All skiers must provide their own boots and are encouraged to provide their own skis and poles. First year skiers can use club-owned equipment for free. Returning skiers may rent skis and poles for a fee of $100 for the season. Boots may be available to rent but availability of the proper size is not guaranteed.
Participants must have a Limited Access Membership or Full Access Membership to Blackhawk Ski Club. The program is open to anyone in the greater Madison area.
Registration for the 2018-2019 season opens September 12, 2018 (for returning club members) and September 24, 2018 (for new club members).
Questions? Email email@example.com
General questions about cross-country skiing at Blackhawk Ski Club can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org