Blackhawk Alpine Race Team (BART)
This program is an introduction to alpine ski racing now with 3 levels: BART Development, BART, and BART/USSA. Skis, race helmets, leather gloves/mittens and ski poles are required for all BART levels. Parents must stay on Blackhawk grounds during all BART practices.
- The BART Development Program is designed for 10 year old and under skiers who have an interest in alpine (downhill) ski racing. BART Development is the pre-cursor to the BART race team. Skiers will train on Hill #2, Hill #5 and Hill #6 and can compete in up to four local area ski races. Skiers must be able to independently use the ropes tows on all Blackhawk hills. Enrollment is limited for this program due hill and coach capacity limits.
- BART is an alpine (downhill) ski race team. Skiers will train on Hill #5 and Hill #6. Skiers are strongly encouraged to race in all four WIJARA races during the season. Skiers must be have coaches’ approval prior to enrollment. Team size is limited due to hill and coach capacity limits. Practices will begin in early December, weather permitting. Practices are Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The program will run through early March depending upon conditions.
- The BART/USSA Development Team is an alpine (downhill) ski race team. Skiers will train on Hill #5 and can compete in both WIJARA and USSA ski races. Skiers must be present members of the Blackhawk Alpine Race Team (BART). Practices will begin in early December, weather permitting. Practices are Tuesday/Thursdays with an additional practice on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Program will run through early March depending upon conditions.
Downloadable pdfs of the Alpine racing programs:
- 2013-14Bart registration form
- 2013-14 BART Development registration
- 2013-14Bart USSA registration form